GE’s oil-free rotary screw compressors are ideal for API 619 refinery and petrochemical applications and hundreds of others where process gas conditions and gas compositions vary.
Rotor design is the key to long-term machine performance, and all our new units have an advanced asymmetrical rotor profile that ensures high efficiency. Forged carbon steel is our standard rotor material, with stainless steels available for the most demanding process requirements. All of our models have axial and radial seal strips to reduce internal slip and improve gas passage sealing.
Our units are installed at some of the world’s most challenging sites — including butadiene and acetylene plants; coke-oven injection and recycle gas for the steel industry; and pollution-control and energy applications such as flare-gas recovery and coal gasification. Combining the reliability of centrifugal motion with the surge-free performance of reciprocating motion, our oil-free screw compressors can easily handle dirty, polymer-forming process gases and process gases with entrained liquids.
Standard design parameters
- Internal pressure ratios: 1.5, 2 ,3, 4, 5
- Pressure differential
- L models: 10 to150 psi (0.7 to 10.3 bar)
- S models: 10 to 250 psi (0.7 to 17.2 bar)
- Casing design pressure
- Cast steel: 225 to 300 psig (15.5 to 20.7 barg)
- Molecular weights: 2 to 140
- Inlet temperature: -50° to 250°F (-45.5° to 121°C)
- Maximum temperature: 550°F (288°C)
- Rotor tip speed: 150 to 550 ft/s (45 to 168 m/s)
Optional design parameters
- Multi-staging compressor frames to increase overall pressure ratios to more than 25:1
- Parallel operation of compressor frames for multiple capacity increases without sacrificing plant performance
- Liquid injection to flush gas streams contaminated with polymers or cool gases where discharge gas temperature is critical
- Alternative construction materials to increase durability in erosive or corrosive gas applications