Maximizing asset condition
There are many older pipelines around the world that haven’t been inspected with inline tools because of various challenging features (eg: tight bends, multi-diameters, plug valves) and operating constraints such as low/no flow or inability to interrupt supply. Many of these pipelines are located in high-impact areas –and many operators now face a significant challenge: how to make their pipelines piggable.
To help address these unique challenges, PII offers a diverse range of services to help minimize service disruptions and replacement costs while meeting local, national and international regulations:
- Feasibility or 'make-ready' studies to assess the technical trade-offs of line modification alternatives to develop cost effective, creative options.
- Field support, including specialized in-ditch non-destructive evaluation services, for ILI performance verifications.
- Our specialized Epoxy Sleeve Repair combines the benefits of steel and composites to deliver a permanent, structurally sound solution (for defects such as buckles or dents) with no welding required.
- We develop customized cleaning programs to determine the current state of debris and build-up in a pipeline that could interfere with inline inspection tools.
- We also have provide a range of in-field activities to help maximize asset value –extending the safe and economic life of your pipeline or network by bringing it back to design standard or an operator-defined service level.
Pipeline maintenance requires considerable in-field specialization to confirm the location, condition and continuing optimized operation of online equipment. In addition to pre-inspection modifications and subsequent repairs, we can help manage specialist sub-contractors (e.g. repair, inspections...etc.) for clients who do not have staff available to manage these projects.