The Resistivity Micro Imager (RMI) tool provides resistivity information from 144 buttons on 6 articulating pads. Each pad is mounted on an independent caliper arm. Current from the transmitter flows through the formation and is received at each button measuring the conductivity of the formation directly in front of it. An image of the borehole wall is produced from the conductivity readings. An integrated directional module provides orientation information of the borehole and the tool. The RMI is used for bed dip and direction, fracture, fault and vug identification, borehole stress analysis, quantifying thin and laminated beds and for complex stratigraphic and facies analysis.
- High resolution images at 120 samples/foot providing 80% borehole coverage in a 6 in hole
- 6 independent caliper arms with adjustable pressure and articulating pads for borehole profiles in irregular holes
- Accurate directional package for orientation and dip analysis
- Fully compatible with Sondex Ultrawire tools
- Easy to transport – can be broken down into sections less than 10 ft