GE's Production Logging PGR tools are compact, rugged and combine excellent sensitivity with high resolution. Gamma rays are detected with a Sodium Iodide scintillation crystal, amplified and counted then sent to the appropriate telemetry tool. The detector is temperature compensated to minimize drift from the photomultiplier tube.
When calibrated the difference between background and calibrator levels establish a ratio between raw counts and API units, allowing a calibrated display to be presented on the log in API units.
Features & Benefits
- Combinable with other Ultrawire™ tools
- Depth correlation
- Lithology determination
- Identification of radioactive scale
- Tracer monitoring
- Gravel pack when used in conjunction with a gamma source
- Also available in Dualconn version (1-11/16in tools only)
- Built on the legacy of Sondex Wireline technology