The CDS is a multi-mode acoustic logging tool with four user-selectable modes that can be run together on a single pass: high frequency monopole (for compressional and fast shear determination), low frequency monopole (for Stoneley analysis), X-Y dipole (for shear determination in both fast and slow formations) with in-line and off-line receivers (for shear anisotropy analysis). The dipoles can be run at one of three frequencies in order to optimise data quality in different slowness ranges.
- Dipole waveforms for shear and anisotropy evaluation
- Monopole Compressional, Shear and Stoneley waveforms
- Four user-selectable modes (as described above)
- Eight receivers spaced 6” (152.4mm) apart, each with four azimuthal segments separated by 90deg
- Co-located X and Y dipole transmitters.
- A unique isolator design minimizes any signals travelling up the tool from transmitter to receiver.
- Selectable Waveform gain, sample rate and waveform length
- Fully compatible with Sondex Ultrawire* tools for Open Hole and Cased Hole applications
- Easy to transport – can be broken down into sections shorter than 10 ft
- CE compliant