Enhanced formation evaluation
Our Helium-3 (H3) filled detectors offer the optimal combination of high efficiency and sensitivity, with good gamma discrimination and excellent vibration response, all in the most compact package possible.
Our H3 filled neutron detectors incorporate the operational experience gained from the design and manufacture of more than 67,000 units over 50 years by Reuter Stokes. This experience and the associated proprietary processing techniques that have evolved from it, have resulted in detectors that are regarded by many as the industry standard for neutron detection.
We developed proprietary H3 purification techniques, gas mixtures, and manufacturing process controls to ensure precise matching of operating characteristics among large batches of detectors. This permits parallel operation of multiple detectors without need for separate power supplies or gain matching.
Since entering this market in 1956, we have continually evolved our design and manufacturing capabilities for high-quality, custom detectors. We have built detectors that range from 0.3” (7.62 mm) to 2.25” (57.15 mm) in diameter, and 0.5” (12.7 mm) to 12” (304.8 mm) in length, with fill pressures from 60 to 180 psia (0.4-1 MPa).
We also optimize the gas mixtures using a variety of quenching gases to insure the right balance between sensitivity and operating voltage. Finally, we offer a wide array of electrical terminations and mechanical interfaces to suit virtually any downhole application.
- Plateau slope <2% per 100 V over a minimum 200 V range
- At least 100 V common plateau between room temperature and +175˚C (347˚F)
- with <2% count rate shift
- Patented anode suspension minimizes shock-induced false counts
- Voltage: 2,500 V
- Temperature: 200˚C (392˚F)
- 20 g RMS, 5 to 500 Hz. Counts per second not to exceed background count rate
- Other customer specified vibration requirements can be accommodated
- 250 g, 2 ms duration
- Other customer specified shock requirements can be accommodated