GE's PCP system employs a downhole progressing cavity pump driven via a sucker rod string, using a surface wellhead and an electric or hydraulic wellhead drive.
GE's PCP solutions are:
- Capable of handling a wide range of fluids from water and light oils to highly abrasive heavy oil
- Superior wear coatings on rotors using high quality chrome plating as well as chrome alternatives
- Wide range of models for various flow rates, pumping depths and well conditions
- Innovative custom design
- In-house tooling design and complete production sequence utilizing innovative quality assurance, state-of-the-art process controls and final testing
- Built on the heritage of Grenco Energy Services technology
Elastomer is an essential component of all Grenco Progressing Cavity Pumps. Our in-house elastomer development and testing facility helps ensure PCP success from demanding down-hole conditions. We offer a three elastomer compounds to ensure compatibility for your application. From our G202 Medium Nitrile (NBR-Buna) to our G301 (HNBR), we can offer an elastomer to meet the mechanical strength, temperature and H2S resistance requirements of your application.
Reliability is the keystone of GE’s PCP equipment. Our Kombi-Tee* wellhead delivers a strong, robust solution that holds the wellhead drive rigid. Our wellhead drives provide exceptional sealing and brake systems. The low-profile GrenCo Kombi-Tee* unit rigidly supports and holds your PCP wellhead drive using flanged connections rather than weaker threaded connections. Featuring flow tee ports, a production blowout preventer and an optional rod lock, these units provide high-load support and reduce the need for motor bracing and additional spacers.
The wellhead drive is the surface equipment that supports and rotates the PC pump. A wellhead drive consists of a bearing or gearbox, a primary and secondary sealing system, a back-spin brake, a polish rod connection point, and it is driven electrically or hydraulically. The key utility from a wellhead drive comes from the fault-free sealing system, which seals off well fluids from the environment, and the brake system which protects the operators and service providers when the system is shut down and back-spins.
To optimize wellhead drives and PCP systems, GE offers a number of high-quality and industry-recognized motor options and power transmission parts.